In just about a year, I have been involved with several people....have actually had several relationships. This woman couldn't believe it.
"How did you do it? How do you meet these guys?" she asked.
Through Facebook, I tell her. Facebook is my JDate, Match.com and eHarmony all wrapped into one.
My one rule, about anyone I get involved with, is the person must be from my past. It doesn't mean I've had to know them or dated them or had a crush on them at one point in my life. My rule is simple...they have to have gone to my high school.
Simple, isn't it?
Some people will only date Jewish men, while some will only date Democrats. Some will only date men that are over six feet or have a head of hair. I think having gone to my high school is a simple request.
I went to a big high school. A pretty popular one. So popular there is a TV show that centers around a fictitious school that represents it. I won't say where, but let's just say a certain famous zip code is involved. Cue cheesy music...da na na na, da na na na, da da.
Living in the same city your whole life you end up knowing and running into plenty of people from your past. Enter Facebook and my cup runneth over.
Instantly, I know who is single and who is married. Who has kids and who is divorced. How well someone has aged and what career path they took. I don't need to second guess if they are telling the truth because chances are I have a friend, that has a friend, that has a friend that has seen that person around and can tell me if their Facebook picture is recent or twenty years old.
It can also work the other way around. Just the other night I met a hot guy. After five minutes of conversation, I learn he is a graduate from my high school. He was older, which was why I didn't know him before...but he counts. Hot guy + my high school + Facebook = Potential Booty.
Why do I like the high school connection? It's secure to me. It's safe. It's something we both have in common. It's a connection that I have with someone new or someone I once knew. Get it?
I know some people like to forget their high school days and I'm certainly not saying my teen years were the greatest. In fact, many of those years I would like to forget. But perusing that virtual yearbook I like to call Facebook brings out the curious in me. The adventurer in me. The sexy in me. The "I don't care if he was a nerd in high school, he's fucking hot now" attitude in me.
I may be almost 40 and fabulous, but going back to these guys, these men...it's like feeling 18 again...and knowing all the shit you wished you knew then but certainly know now. What a fucking feeling...
Simply,
Emmy Lane...xx
No comments:
Post a Comment