Last year someone came back in my life and made an impression on my heart.
It was exactly a year ago...
I updated my Facebook status with lyrics to a song. I was in my car...far from home...when I checked my Facebook...and there was a comment from him. He is the boy I grew up with. Went to high school with. Had very limited interaction with. Saw at the high school reunion and did a brief catch up with. He was my Facebook friend...let's call him RJ.
RJ comments on my status. I comment back. He comments once again. I comment back. RJ emails me privately asking what's going on...he can tell something is askew. I tell him I'm getting separated. He's in the same boat. By the end of the day, I learn he lives 3007 miles away from me, but will be visiting our city soon. I propose a group dinner. He proposes a date. I accept.
From that day on...a year ago from today...we talked, Facebooked, chatted, texted, Skyped. He became a part of my life...an important part. By the time he finally came to town we both knew we were in big trouble. This was not just a friendship...this was so much more.
Trips back and forth, thoughts and dreams shared, we did the best we could with distance being our obstacle.
Of course, as they say, all good things come to an end. In time, our relationship ran its course. It ended. Not because we wanted it to, but because, as we all know, a long distance relationship never really works.
So, today, a year later, I reflect on this person. Through laughter and tears, through smiles and frowns, through happiness and sadness, through joy and anger, through frustration and emotions, I am thankful...grateful..for what we had. The love, the support, the friendship will always stay with me.
RJ is what I needed at a time in my life...what we both needed.
Thank you RJ...thank you for making a footprint on my heart that will always remain.
Simply,
Emmy Lane...xx
No comments:
Post a Comment